Sunday, March 6, 2011

My First Real Day of the Cleanse, Day 4 of 16. (by Anita)

Mood: Still upbeat, but really starting to question WHY! 

Physical: Really hungry.

- What I ate today -
6 or 7 (I lost count) glasses or lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. 
One cup of all natural, organic, caffeine free peppermint tea.  

So, the experiment goes on. Today was my first day of the actual cleanse. And MAN is it hard. Today I spent most of my day thinking about food. Every time I thought about food I would walk into the kitchen and fix another glass of juice. The juice actually tastes pretty good. I'm now thinking that, after the cleanse, every time I want a glass of lemonade I'll just make it myself. The fresh lemons really make the drink taste great. The cayenne pepper really doesn't do much but add a little bit of heat at the end of a sip. The syrup is ok. I'm not super fond of maple syrup. I think I would like it better if it was agave nectar.

But, I'm really not sure how long I can go on this. I am truly getting very very hungry. It's not physical hunger, it's completely mental huger. We went to the movies tonight and saw Rango, it was really good. I couldn't help but think about eating popcorn. I brought the lemonade with me. I was good, and didn't eat any popcorn. But, I have a feeling that this is going to get harder. 

So, tonight I started watching videos about other peoples first day. It really helped me. I started to feel better about doing this, and continuing. Many many people have done this cleanse and seen results. I have to keep pushing forward. I'm even considering trying to continue this at work. Though, many people say that the first day is the easiest. So, I may not be able to handle the next few days. The other thing I've decided to do it not do the salt water flush. I have decided instead to drink herbal tea laxatives. So, tomorrow morning I'm going to go to Whole Foods and buy some laxative tea. You are supose to take laxatives at night and laxatives in the morning. 

And now I'm really tired. Tonight I'm going to up my laxative dose to 5 pills, like the book recommends, instead of three pills. I didn't get the effect I wanted from just three pills. Wish me luck for tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Anita! You're a rock star! Keep it up and just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this if you start to want to falter. I'm enjoying reading your entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that sounds hard. But remember: you have the whole rest of your life to eat. What's a few days right?

    ReplyDelete