Friday, March 4, 2011

A Day of Soup, Day 2 of 16. (by Anita)



Mood: I feel happy because my vacation starts tomorrow! Five days off from work.

Physical: Still feel pretty good, but I am a little hungrier than normal. 

- What I ate today -
Breakfast:
Raw Food Bar, which was really good this time, it tasted like dried apricot fruit leather. 
Starbuck's Grande Soy Chai

Lunch:
A whole avocado with salt and pepper
A smoothie - One huge red beet juiced, carrots juiced, half a ginger root juiced and Soy protein powder. 
Leftover Kale and Red Quinoa. 
Snack:
No snack.
Dinner:
Homemade Vegan Tomato Soup - tomatos, fennel bulb, fresh rosemary, fresh lemon-thyme, garlic, red onion, leek, mushroom broth, and rice milk to thicken. 


So, it's been two days since I started the "pre" part of the cleanse. So far so good. I feel pretty good, and this afternoon I didn't get my usual "2'o'clock feeling", the way 24 hour energy describes it. Instead I had a bit of a headache, that went a way fast, and a lot of energy. This energy would potentially allow me to focus more on work...


Except today I realized that every few minutes my co-workers talk about food. I had no idea until today that food occupies our daily conversation. I sat at the break table today drinking my smoothie, and every few minutes someone would walk by and comment about how hungry they were. Or about the smells coming from the microwave as someone heated up their food.

I started to feel relieved that I was going to spend the first half of my "excrement exorcism" (excuse the poo puns!) at home. Away from my coworkers favorite french fries: white truffle oil french fires (which can be found down the street from my work at Violetta's). Which seems to come up more than any other food. Mostly because someone has bought them and everyone passes by are jealous. Because, these french fries are SO amazing that no one can resist them!

I also noticed that my sense of smell has been heightened for some reason. Or maybe I'm just extra sensitive to food smells right now. But the "hotpocket" heating up in the break room microwave today smelled stranger than usual. And I actually liked the way they smelled. Which is not good. I definitely know something is different when I start to crave hotpockets.

I'm looking forward to being on vacation tomorrow. I plan on keeping myself very busy tomorrow. Because tomorrow is the first day I am on an all liquid diet. Tomorrow all I drink is two liters of orange juice. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment