Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spaces

There are spaces each person inhabits 
That, in part, exude and, in part, induce
We become aware of the part stemming from us,
The part that induces remains largely concealed.
These spaces surround us like extemporaneous clouds.
At times they rage, their edges gathering thunder.
At times they blend idyll breeze with a light moisture.
We do not stand at the center of our space.
Rather, the space centers us,
And we collect at its periphery,
As do our friends.
In the spaces I provide, and in the spaces I encounter,
I can not be sure where I conclude and you begin.
For spaces are not definable like a floor plan or a building.
And yet we inhabit a space, and it stretches out before us
Again, like clouds in a sporadic sky.
Our spaces evolve in the minute details of time.
I feel thankful for the spaces that have infiltrated
My ever-morphing sky-scape,
For my life is filled with burning sun.
But never forget that not all were born in light,
Many spaces exude, rather, night.
And spaces, as stated, induce.
This is, of course, an uncomfortable truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment