Sunday, January 29, 2012

Instrumental: My Unemployment Head

After finishing up teaching at Humboldt State University, I returned to Portland searching for work.  Overall, I had a very good experience job hunting.  I got a lot of interviews all within the first couple weeks of looking.  I've landed a two-week internship as a writer, which might turn into full-time work.  If it doesn't, there's still the possibility that I will be hired by a publishing company for a different writing/editing job.  So, I can't really complain.

Still, I was NERVOUS!  The job market sucks, and in order to get 5 interviews, I needed to submit about 40 resumes.  Plus, I don't handle having nothing to do very well.  I need to be busy, and there are only so many episodes of Breaking Bad you can watch!  Here is an instrumental I wrote and recorded when I was feeling, well, pretty damn anxious.  It's appropriately dark.



If you are a fan of my music, check out my album: Narratives Forgotten by clicking on this link!

1 comment:

  1. Where is that mighty California State University network when you need it? Best of luck, my brotha!

    ReplyDelete