Tuesday, November 22, 2011

New Song: I Want To Know

Here is a new song Anita and I worked on.  I'm really happy with the three-part-harmony chorus.  I wrote and recorded the music, and Anita pointed out that it seemed to lend itself to lyrics on indecision, which fits our life right now because so much is wide open - where will we live, what schools will accept us, what jobs will employ us...  So, here's the result:

I Want To Know by tmhfband

Here are the lyrics:


My head takes my heart and yanks it back
My heart pounds my head like a heart attack
My hands grab a hold and try to bring it in
My luck’s always with me but I think it’s fading
My ears never listening to what I’m saying
My mouth’s always at a loss for words

I wanna know where I’m going
As if I ain’t controlling
I wanna know

My throat’s feeling sore cause my heart’s in it
My back’s feeling tired from the way I sit
My leg’s feeling antsy to get on with it
My fingers are stretched cause they’re trying to grab
My nails are so sharp from trying to take a stab
My chest has got marks all over it   

No comments:

Post a Comment