Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Narratives Forgotten

Over the last year, I recorded this album.  I released all these songs on my blog through soundcloud, but now it's been mastered and released as an official album.  Each song tells some kind of story.

The Allegory of the Cave is an interpretation of Plato's famous story.



The Angry Customer draws from my experience working at a call center for Netflix.  This man's story is the only way I can understand the anger that drives people to be so rude on the phone.



The McCain Blues is a reaction to John McCain's support of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" even as it was being abolished.



The Tea Party An(a)them(a) describes the wet dream of ultra-conservative politics - a world in which a person isn't required a sense of compassion and support for their community.



Do You Ever Think You'll Understand? was written a while ago.  It was inspired by Three Cups of Tea by Mortenson.



The Anguish of Kyoto the Dog is written for Anita and my pup, Kyoto.  It tells the sad tale of being put in a crate and being left alone.



Allison is written for my niece.  It probably doesn't fit well on the album, but I think it's a catchy tune, and I wanted to pay tribute to this special lady!



Pinch Me Now was also written a while ago.  It's dedicated to my wife, Anita.



And finally, The Creation and Destruction According to Mike is an inspired piece I wrote from God's perspective to explain Global Warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment