Thursday, February 10, 2011

Song: The Creation and Destruction According to Mike

Check this out!  It's my own interpretation of Genesis and thereafter.  Epic!





Lyrics for The Creation and Destruction According to Mike


Part I: The Creation


I breathed a spark of life into a lifeless universe  
I made the trees and bushes from the scarcity and dearth  
And still I wasn’t happy in the end 
I needed someone else to have a talk with when I’s bored
I needed some self-consciousness to help even the score
I put a naked man down on the earth
He found himself in the same sort of crisis I was in
He felt so god-damned bored I cursed myself for making him
I threw him down and tore out his rib
Like playing with my legos I fit his rib inside a bone
Until I had a rib cage and some breasts and a womb
I introduced her to her man
They partied every day and slept like babies through the night
They rode on Terradactyls holding on with all their might
Their garden was their playground
One day he looked at her and it was not so innocent
They lay down in the bushes doing things not so decent
I had to hide my eyes and look away
When I met them in the evening they didn’t look at me the same
It was like I was a stranger intruding on their game
My loneliness came back like a knife
They don’t need me to construct another person when their sad
They do it on their own,  they’re now a mommy and a dad
I ain’t needed anymore
It’s like I don’t even exist  
I don’t think that I’m even missed  
Oh I’ve been thoroughly dismissed  
Oh you don’t want to see me pissed


Part II: The Destruction
You forgot your maker, don’t think your maker forgot you
Maybe you’ll remember me when I do the things I do
You’ll be sorry you lost track of me

I’ll raise the temperature of earth so slowly you won’t see
Like a frog who’s stuck in boiling water, you’ll swim like you are free
Till the moment it’s too late
Sure there will be signs like polar bears who’ve lost their home
But after all the arguing you won’t be certain that they’re gone
And then the storms will come
The sun will blast so brightly the sea will fly away to it
And swirl around the sky like a maniacal puppet
Till it all comes crashing down at once
Scientists love to argue that humans caused the storms to come
And their conclusion is correct, but their reasoning is wrong
What humans caused is almighty wrath
If you didn’t make me lonely I could have filtered fossil fuels
And patched the ozone layer with my special magic glue
Your irresponsibility could have been managed
I could have brought back to life all the species you killed off
I could have planted a new seed for every tree that you did log
Your home didn’t have to be a bloody mess
But alone I sit in heaven and look down at your carnival
You walk around like nothing is happening at all
How stupid you’ve become
I can’t even make you see
How mad you’ve made me
Even as the planet’s warming
You still don’t believe 
They say parents need to let their kids go, 
but oh, oh, I just don’t know

No comments:

Post a Comment